Please Live Collection
“Please Live is dedicated to helping teens conquer mental illness. Through education and awareness outreach, we are investing in a mentally healthy tomorrow by helping hurting youth today. We equip students to recognize signs in themselves and in their friends of depression, anxiety, and suicide and to intervene in a crisis. Your purchase helps us to provide this education free of charge to schools and organizations in our communities. There is help. There is hope.” ~Alexa Moody, Founder and Executive Director
Tshirt Unisex (Black) Please Live$23.00 Select options
Hoodie Sweatshirt (Black) Please Live$36.00 – $39.00 Select options
Tshirt Unisex (Heather Grey) Please Live$23.00 Select options
Tshirt Unisex (Navy) Please Live$23.00 Select options
Hoodie Sweatshirt (Heather Grey) Please Live$36.00 – $39.00 Select options
Hoodie Sweatshirt (Navy) Please Live$36.00 – $39.00 Select options
What is Please Live?
Please Live, Inc. is a nonprofit based on education and awareness of youth mental health and suicide prevention. Through free educational events, Please Live invests into the future generations by teaching young people how to recognize signs and symptoms of mental health problems in themselves and in their friends.
Ten percent of funds raised from this collection will be donated to Please Live to assist them in providing their life-saving educational programs free of charge to hurting youth in our community.
One of the biggest barriers of hurting people getting the help they need is simply a lack of education. Many people are struggling and aren’t even aware that what they are experiencing is an illness that can be treated. Please Live’s program is created and taught by adults with compelling “been there, done that” stories to offer a firsthand look into experiencing and recovering from a mental illness.
“You really helped me. I was thinking about (suicide) and I just wanted to be gone. You helped me (to reach out and) get help.”
Looking for resources on Suicide & Depression? Here are a few of our favorites. For a complete list, check out our Resources page! Looking for Faith-based information? Check out our Love Life Ministries branch!
FOLLOW PLEASE LIVE
- Mental Health Basics: All You Need to Know | Guest Post by Allison StaleyExperiencing a mental problem can be scary, confusing and unsettling especially when it happens for the first time. To some people, it could feel like a sign of weakness or even loss of mind preventing the affected person from sharing or even seeking help due to fear of stigmatization. Unfortunately,… Read more »
- How Bisexual Erasure Impacts Mental Health in Bisexual Individuals | Guest Post by Kate HarvestonMembers of the LGBTQ+ community such as myself understand minority stress all too well. We know that we run a higher risk of mental health disorders — anyone who needs to fight for their very right to exist in a non-inclusive society understands how the battle fatigue can wear you… Read more »
- 5 Realities of Grief That Will Make Coping More Manageable | Guest Post By Nat JuchemsLoss is something we all will experience, at some point in our lives. But, this fact doesn’t make this painful process any easier. When you lose someone you love, your life is irrevocably changed. This painful experience can be impossibly difficult to accept as reality. Even when you attend a… Read more »
- Why Less Sleep and Oversleep Is Harmful To Your Health | Guest Post by Allison StaleyIf you ever spent the night tossing and turning the bed, you’ll know how you will feel throughout the day- stressed out, tired, cranky and all sorts. But then, the detrimental effects of sleep deprivation go beyond leaving you dizzy throughout the day; it has a whole lot of long-term… Read more »
- Finding Your Sleep Groove: The Link Between Sleep and Mental Health | Guest Post by Kimberly HayesIt’s hard to believe that people spend one-third of their lives sleeping. It’s even harder to believe that many people don’t make the connection between sound, restful sleep and mental health, but the fact is that failing to get the sleep you need can have a serious effect on your… Read more »
- How Art and Creativity Can Be Used To Reduce Anxiety and Depression | Guest Post By Jane SandwoodRecent studies have shown how beneficial art therapy and creativity is for reducing anxiety and depression, giving individuals a chance to find a relaxing method of caring for their mental health. These mental health conditions can make everyday life a bit more challenging, but when there are multiple natural resources and methods for… Read more »
- Social Anxiety Without The Social Drinking: How I Found The Trick To Do It | Guest Post By: Kate HarvestonEveryone in my tribe knows I’m as introverted as they come. When the invitation for the annual holiday office party comes out in November, I mark my calendar — and start shaking in my boots. I never call, always text, and regard the morning meeting as the most distressing time… Read more »
- How Toxic and Hostile Work Places Can Affect Your Mental Health | Post By Sara NutaitisI recently started a new job where I am much happier, and mentally healthier. My previous job was at a publishing company, and while it started out being a good job that I enjoyed; it slowly became more and more hostile, and a place I dreaded going. This took a… Read more »
- Can Exercise Help People Cope With Depression? | Guest Post By Jessica AnnDepression has become very apparent to most individuals nowadays. For some reason, there are a lot of things and factors that cause this mental illness. Even so, there are a lot of ways as well that one could do in order to fight depression. Depression and Its Symptoms Strictly speaking,… Read more »
- Learning to Cope with my Anxiety without Alcohol | Guest Post by Kate AdermannAs far back as I can remember, I struggled with panic attacks and generalized anxiety. The only place where I found solitude and quiet was at the bottom of a bottle, but that inevitably stopped working in my early 20s. My alcoholism ended up making my anxiety profoundly worse because… Read more »